A NASA spacecraft IMAGE (Imager for Magnetopause-to-Aurora Global Exploration) was launched in March 2000 to study Earth’s magnetosphere where charged particles from solar winds trapped by Earth’s magnetic field. In December 2005, it suddenly stopped talking and since then it was thought to be lost in space. Recently a signal from IMAGE was detected by a Canadian amateur astronomer after 13 years of long silence. I cannot imagine what goes on in the minds of former IMAGE project members hearing this news. More details can be read here.
- Twitter and Math July 13, 2018
- E-mail Issue May 15, 2018
- A Long-Lost NASA Spacecraft Comes Back Alive February 21, 2018
- 107 cancer papers retracted due to peer review fraud April 23, 2017
- Are We Alone in the Universe After All? February 25, 2016
Follow Us on Twitter