A NASA spacecraft IMAGE (Imager for Magnetopause-to-Aurora Global Exploration) was launched in March 2000 to study Earth’s magnetosphere where charged particles from solar winds trapped by Earth’s magnetic field. In December 2005, it suddenly stopped talking and since then it was thought to be lost in space. Recently a signal from IMAGE was detected by a Canadian amateur astronomer after 13 years of long silence. I cannot imagine what goes on in the minds of former IMAGE project members hearing this news. More details can be read here.
- The Curvature, the Einstein Equations, and the Black hole II: The Curvature October 25, 2019
- The Curvature, the Einstein Equations, and the Black Hole I: Riemannian and Pseudo-Riemannian Manifolds October 21, 2019
- Twitter and Math July 13, 2018
- E-mail Issue May 15, 2018
- A Long-Lost NASA Spacecraft Comes Back Alive February 21, 2018
Follow Us on Twitter