A NASA spacecraft IMAGE (Imager for Magnetopause-to-Aurora Global Exploration) was launched in March 2000 to study Earth’s magnetosphere where charged particles from solar winds trapped by Earth’s magnetic field. In December 2005, it suddenly stopped talking and since then it was thought to be lost in space. Recently a signal from IMAGE was detected by a Canadian amateur astronomer after 13 years of long silence. I cannot imagine what goes on in the minds of former IMAGE project members hearing this news. More details can be read here.
- Are Real Numbers Real? September 27, 2021
- Can $1+1$ be $1$? June 28, 2021
- Could the Great Deluge in the Bible have really happened? June 26, 2021
- Twitter and Math July 13, 2018
- E-mail Issue May 15, 2018
Follow Us on Twitter